“International Standards are the backbone of our society, ensuring the safety and quality of products and services, facilitating international trade and improving the environment in which we live in.
Conformity to International Standards helps reassure consumers that products, systems and organizations are safe, reliable and good for the environment.
Numerous studies have shown that standards boost business and economies. In Australia, sampling standards in the mining industry generate economic benefits between AUD 24 million and AUD 100 million annually. The implementation of standards in the electrical and water industries generates economic benefits estimated at approximately AUD 1.9 billion annually (Standards Australia (SA) and Centre for International Economics, Australia)”
You have two certification options when implementing an ISO standard: DIY or hiring an iQuality Services consultant to assist you.
The first option is more cost effective but the failing rate is really high. The second one is more expensive and carries the risk any consulting activity does. The risk is the recommendations made by the consultant are not implemented within the organization, because implementing an ISO standard could fundamentally change the way the organization does business and not everyone likes it.
The benefits of implementing an ISO standard could be extremely high if all the tools created for this project are professionally done by a professional who really knows what needs to be done. Implementing an ISO standard could lead to a higher profit, avoiding raw material losses, financial losses and even preventing the loss of life. An ISI standard is an excellent branding tool in the particular industry.
In conclusion, a number of local and global organizations decide to implement one or more management systems every day, but getting certified is not always easy.
Our consultants can assist you getting certified for the following management systems:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 – Information Security Management Systems (ISMS)
- ISO 28000:2010 – Supply Chain Security Management Systems (SCSMS)
- ISO 37001:2016 – Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS)
- ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management System (FSMS)
Having our consultants on your side, you have our assurance that you wil get ISO certified from the international certification body of choice. We know exactly how to start and finalize a project like this.
Our consultants will assist you prior to the start of the consulting process to help you understand what ISO standard is and what are the advantages for your organization. We will work together to determine what ISO standard is and what the ISO standard isn’t.
Pluses and minuses in hiring an iQS consultant
iQS consultants have the professional skills and experience to implement the above mentioned standards. Some of the tasks your iQS consultant will undertake as part of the consulting process are: organization analysis, interviews, documenting and implementing the requirements of the standard in your name.
Advantages in hiring an iQS consultant:
- Your iQS consultant will do all the work in your place and this will save you time to invest in your organization.
- Your iQS consultant will make sure your current documentation is compatible with the ISO standard.
- Your iQS consultant will offer you assistance during the certification audit and throughout the period of certification.
Due to our honesty towards our clients and due to our ethical code, we would like to list possible disadvantages in using an external consultant.
- An external consultant is expensive and their services are not cheap.
- If you hire an external consultant, you will have to share with them sensitive information and maybe some of your organization’s secrets (organization’s hierarchy, operating processes, key competitive advantages, key person of contact, etc…).
- In some cases, due to the documentation being done from someone outside the organization, your staff might think the policies and procedures are imposed on them and will try to find ways to avoid their implementation.
We do have the right approach to all these possible disadvantages:
- Hiring an iQS consultant doesn’t come cheap due to the time the consultant needs to spend on the premises, but a shady consultant could cost you even more due to his ways of doing things.
- An iQS consultant will be on your premises, learning your organization’s strengths and weaknesses, will study your strategies and objectives and all these will be done under non-disclosure clauses.
- At the end of the project, your consultant won’t leave without making sure your staff understood the principles and requirements of the standard and how to abide by the implemented measures.
Hire an iQS consultant if:
- Time is important to you. We will assist you implementing an ISO standard in a reasonable timeframe.
- You do not have access to allocate internal staff to an ISO standard implementation project. Throughout the project, your iQS consultant will do all the work in your place.
- Costs are not important to you in implementing an ISO standard. Your iQS consultant will only charge you as per the signed agreement.
- You want to benefit from access to an elite professional consultant who will offer the necessary service to get your organization ISO certified.
We have our own 10 step approach when working with a client to implement an ISO standard or getting him ready for an ISO certification. We called our methodology “The iQS Approach” and it is part of our master plan. This approach proved itself to be efficient throughout time and we see it as an ideal approach in successfully implementing an ISO standard or getting ISO certified.
Our consulting services can be acquired as an iQS Approach package or only steps from our master plan.