About GDPR implications in Australia and what can our company, “iQuality Sevices” do for Australian businesses
“The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years – we’re here to make sure you’re prepared .” (http://bit.ly/2iedcEQ)
“The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organizations that operate in the European Union (EU), handle EU citizens’ data and will apply from 25 May 2018.
GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers, and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security Breaches.” ( http://bit.ly/2iaPER1)
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – GDPR implications for Australia
“The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has published new guidance for Australian businesses on the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
From 25 May 2018 Australian businesses of any size may need to comply with the GDPR if they have an establishment in the European Union (EU), if they offer goods and services in the EU, or if they monitor the behaviors of individuals in the EU.
The GDPR includes requirements that resemble those in the Privacy Act 1988, and additional measures that similarly aim to foster transparent information handling practices and business accountability around data handling.
In the lead-up to the commencement of the GDPR requirements, businesses should confirm whether they are covered by the GDPR, and if so, take steps to implement any necessary changes to ensure compliance.” (http://bit.ly/2j0YGNz)
Consulting Services and GDPR Training Courses in Australia
iQuality Services would like to announce that the company will be offering “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” training course available starting next year in Australia and throughout Asia-Pacific.
Our new course is an effort to improve the quality of our company’s services and respond to our customers’ demands.
The Certified Data Protection Officer training course enables you to develop the necessary knowledge, skills, and competence to effectively implement and manage a compliance framework with regard to the protection of personal data. During the training course, you will learn all the necessary tools and methods that will enable you to assist your organization in achieving and maintaining its compliance with GDPR requirements.
Who should attend?
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of the new procedures and adoption of the new requisites presented in the GDPR, which will come into force and effect by the 25th May 2018.
- DPO and Senior Managers responsible for the personal data protection of an enterprise and the management of its risks.
- Members of an information security, incident management, and business continuity team.
- Expert advisors in security of personal data.
- Technical experts and compliance experts wanting to prepare for a Data Protection Officer job.
- Understand the history of personal data protection in Europe.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts and approaches required for the effective alignment with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Understand the new requirements that the General Data Protection Regulation brings for EU organizations and non-EU organizations and when it is necessary to implement them.
- Acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in assessing the implementation of these new requirements.
- Learn how to manage a team implementing the GDPR.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to advise organizations how to manage personal data.
- Acquire the expertise for analysis and decision making in the context of personal data protection.
- This training is based on both the Regulation and best practices
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical questions and examples
- Practical exercises include examples and real case discussions
- Practice exercises are similar to the Certification Exam
After mastering all the necessary concepts of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer” credential. By holding a PECB Certified Data Protection Officer Certificat, you will demonstrate that you thoroughly understand the gap between the General Data Protection Regulation and the current organizational processes including privacy policies, procedures, working instructions, consent forms, data protection impact assessments, in order to associate organizations in the adoption process to the new regulation.
Full details of this course can be found on the PECB website.
Note: By the end of December 2017, on the “iQuality Services” website, we will publish full information about this course, locations and dates of organizing the “PECB Certified Data Protection Officer“.
Want to learn more about how we can work together? Just ask. Getting in touch is easy!
Email us at email@example.com
Download GDPR Toolkit by PECB
Author: Ion Iordache
Ion Iordache is the Managing Director at iQuality Services Pty. Ltd. from Melbourne, Australia, consultant, speaker and trainer for RQM Certification from Romania. He is a security consultant, a professional trainer in adult education, PECB Certified ISO 9001 & ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor and PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 28000 & ISO 37001 Lead Implementer. Ion has over 20 years of experience in consulting services and training in management systems.